Counting down: It’s less than three weeks until we head to India for an extended stay.
It looks like a bomb went off in the house.
- Piles of items set aside for the neighborhood yard sale clutter the downstairs and garage. We’ve cleaned out dark corners of our closets, borrowed tables, and slapped bright yellow price tags on everything.
- The spare room overflows with piles that need to fit into our four allotted suitcases.
- An entire suitcase will contain eyeglasses for village eye clinics.
- Another one will hold children’s church materials, gifts for our Indian family and friends, a few household items for our apartment (called a flat) plus specific vitamin supplements and personal care items that are a challenge to find in India.
- We’ll fit our clothes around everything else to cushion anything breakable.
Pre-trip planning also involves preparing our hearts.
- Staying open to what God has for this trip. Although we have been to India many times, every trip is different.
- Times of prayer and fasting where we invite Holy Spirit to speak to our hearts, expand our vision and capacity to walk out His will and purpose.
|Siliguri Sunrise Awaits (Photo by Samuel Kahling)|